THE BARSTOOL SPORTS ARIZONA BOWL IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR ITS FALL INTERNSHIP PROGRAM.
The Barstool Sports Arizona Bowl is currently accepting applications for its 2022 fall internship program. This is an unpaid internship that will provide real-world and hands-on experience in the areas of emphasis listed below. Applicants should be available for 2-3 hour shifts per week beginning in August. Half of the working hours will be on-site at our office, 147 N Stone Ave, Tucson, AZ. Applicants also must commit to working bowl week, December 25-December 31 in Tucson. We are looking for students who are passionate about creating an outstanding sport and community experience.
Applicants must complete an online application, which includes uploading PDFs of their resume and cover letter.
Questions? Email info@theArizonaBowl.com.
AREAS OF EMPHASIS
Applicants will be integrated into and depended upon to further the outbound communications goals of the Barstool Sports Arizona Bowl, including but not limited to:
- Social Media – Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Tik Tok
- Press Releases
- Press Conferences
- Credentialing Process for the Arizona Bowl
- Media archiving for Bowl historical purposes
- Communications with our affiliate Conferences and Universities
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Applicants must be currently enrolled in or have completed a business, communications, journalism, or a multi-media curriculum to be considered for this position.
- Proficient and active in social media
- Proficient in Adobe Suite
- Proficient in Video Capture or Editing
Proficient in professional communication skills
The Barstool Sports Arizona Bowl Finance internship is offered in the spring to any college student looking for the opportunity to join the finance department. As an intern you will support our team with the yearly audit, mobile payment system used at events, assist with filing and tracking of receipts.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- QuickBooks Online knowledge
GAME DAY & TEAM SERVICE INTERNSHIP:
Working under the direction of the Chief Operations Officer, you will prepare deliverables to host participating teams in the 2022 Barstool Sports Arizona Bowl. This includes ensuring transportation, practice facilities, stadium field, locker rooms, player gifts, team manual, team and conference research, and a variety of other tasks and responsibilities that contribute to a superb experience for teams and fans.
The successful candidate:
- Drive tasks to completion, pay attention to detail and deadlines
- Be well versed in online research, Microsoft suite of software
The Barstool Sports Arizona Bowl Hospitality internship is offered in the fall to any college student interested in gaining experience in the sports industry. In this role you will assist with preparing VIP and Team Hospitality rooms, organizing team arrivals, ordering supplies, load and unloading products.
- Team player
- Customer service
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
MARKETING & EVENTS INTERNSHIP:
You will receive hands-on sports marketing experience with the Barstool Sports Arizona Bowl. The marketing and events intern work on a variety of projects and tasks, including:
- Designing and sending promotional and informative emails.
- Sourcing and ordering premium giveaway items.
- Assist in scheduling and executing street marketing strategy designed to engage with the community and drive data capture.
- Assist in the planning and execution of bowl events: Kickoff Luncheon, Downtown Pep Rally, Players Party, Tailgate Festival, Bowl Bash, Kids, Day, and other special events.
- Create graphics such as signage, invitations, advertisements, flyers, digital fan guides, and more.
- Assist in finding new and creative strategies to maximize partnership with Barstool Sports.
- Manage presentations and promotions from the field on game day.
- Assist with traditional and digital advertising schedules.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Adobe Creative Cloud (or equivalent software program)
- Proficient in MS Office or Google Suite
- Positive attitude
- Project management
- Team player