BARSTOOL SPORTS ARIZONA BOWL GRANT APPLICATION
The Barstool Sports Arizona Bowl (dba Arizona Bowl) has a Grant Application process for registered 501(c)(3) organizations in Southern Arizona seeking funds.
Barstool Sports Arizona Bowl Mission Statement
The mission of the Barstool Sports Arizona Bowl is to provide world-class experiences for college student athletes, fans, and the local community, culminating in a nationally recognized college football competition. The Barstool Sports Arizona Bowl is a nonprofit organization that strives to inspire youth, engage in the community, support local charities, and create a positive impact in Southern Arizona.
- Organizations must have a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status by Internal Revenue Service
- Only one application will be accepted per organization, per calendar year
- The organization must have been operating for a minimum of three years and prove fiscal accountability and responsibility
- The organization and the specific program being requested for grant funding must be locally administered (Tucson/Pima County) and must have clearly stated and measurable outcomes
- The mission of the organization and the specific programs must be clearly stated
- The award winners agree to provide a written report by September 1, 2023, and, if requested, make a presentation to the Bowl Grants Committee, providing information on the use of the Barstool Sports Arizona Bowl grant monies received.
- Grant funding must be 100% spent in the calendar year it is granted or provide an explanation of the spending timeline.
The Arizona Bowl will review all dollar requests, but most grant requests funded are between $5000 and $25,000.
NOT ELIGIBLE FOR FUNDING
- Requests for individuals or groups to attend events, such as competitions, conferences, or study abroad
- Support for other nonprofit fundraisers such as raffles, tickets, or sponsorships
- Grants to individuals or political organizations
- Scholarship requests
APPLICATION FOR GRANT FUNDING – OPENS MARCH 2024
The window for submitting applications for 2023 bowl game will open in March of 2024.
Questions about this grant process may be sent to GrantsChair@TheArizonaBowl.com
GENERAL SUGGESTIONS FOR YOUR GRANT APPLICATION
- Be concise in your application
- Be local in management and impact
- Show the measurable impact of what a Barstool Sports Arizona Bowl matching grant could do for your organization and its mission
- The Bowl website is TheArizonaBowl.com
GRANT APPLICATION QUESTIONS
A. AGENCY DEMOGRAPHICS:
- Organization Name
- Organization Mission Statement
- Description of Organization
- Contact Person and Title
- Phone and email address
- Mailing Address
- Website URL, Social media links
- Provide a list of key staff members and their titles
- Provide a list of board members and their roles
B. APPLICATION DETAILS:
- What is the amount of your Barstool Sports Arizona Bowl grant request
- Please upload your tax-exempt status (include tax ID # and the latest IRS Form 990)
- Have you received any prior funding from the Barstool Sports Arizona Bowl? If so, describe dates, purpose and amounts?
- Is your organization or its board members, staff, or supporters currently involved in the Barstool Sports Arizona Bowl and if so, in what capacity?
C. ESSAY QUESTIONS:
- Answer in 300 words or less: describe your Barstool Sports Arizona Bowl grant project and how this grant will further the project?
- Answer in 50 words or less: will these funds sustain or grow a current program?
- Answer is 100 words or less: how many people or groups will be impacted by these matching grants and in what ways?
- Answer in 100 words or less: what are your measurable objectives and what goals will these funds help you achieve?
- Answer in 100 words or less: how will you measure the success of these funds?
- In 200 words or less: provide any additional information that you feel might be relevant to your grant application?
- If selected, how will your organization recognize the support you receive from the Barstool Sports Arizona Bowl?